- source: http://www.goodhousekeeping.com
- 1/2 cup(s) hot water
- 1 1/3 tablespoon(s) brandy
- 2/3 tablespoon(s) instant espresso powder
- 2/3 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 1/5 cup(s) sugar
- 1/5 cup(s) whipping cream
- 2/3 box(es) (8-ounce) reduced-fat cream cheese softened
- 1/5 cup(s) low-fat (1 percent) milk
- 1/3 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 2 2/3 ounce(s) sponge-type ladyfingers (30 halves)
- 2/3 tablespoon(s) cocoa powder
- In small bowl, stir together hot water, brandy, espresso powder, and 1 tablespoon sugar until sugar dissolves.
- In medium bowl, with mixer on medium speed, beat cream until soft peaks form when beaters are lifted.
- In large bowl, with mixer on medium-high speed, beat cream cheese and 1/4 cup sugar until fluffy, about 4 minutes. Continue beating; add milk and vanilla in slow, steady stream. Beat until well mixed and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- With spatula, gently fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture.
- In 8- by 8-inch baking dish, arrange half of ladyfingers, flat sides up, in single layer. Pour half of brandy mixture evenly over; let stand until absorbed.
- Spread half of cream cheese mixture evenly over ladyfingers. Top with remaining ladyfingers, flat sides up. Brush remaining brandy mixture over ladyfingers, allowing liquid to be absorbed before each addition. Spread evenly with remaining cream cheese mixture.
- Sift cocoa powder evenly on top. Cover with plastic wraps and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight. Garnish with chocolate curls, if desired.
Calories 175 per serving
Bacon-Wrapped Green Chile Eggs served on a bed of Arugula
This was the second time making these yummy morsels. Perfect for that mid-morning hunger or a quiet brunch!
The original recipe was from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOurjE9s3GA
but I ended up adding Hatch Green Chiles to spice things up and pay homage to my New Mexican roots.
Top with Goat cheese or freshly grated cheddar.
I used to be eager to try new things for breakfast every weekend possible. Great sides of student life! As I started to work I’ve grown lazier and lazier, and rather spend my late mornings sleeping than preparing luxurious brekkies to S and myself.
While browsing through the memory card of…
Southwest Chicken Calzones
1 can (12.5 ounces) Swanson® Premium White Chunk Chicken Breast in Water, drained
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 cup Pace® Picante Sauce
1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend, Colby Jack or Cheddar cheese (about 4 ounces)
1 package (about 10 ounces) refrigerated pizza dough
1) Heat the oven to 425°F.
2) Stir the chicken, cream cheese, 1/2 cup picante sauce and shredded cheese in a medium bowl and set aside.
3) Unroll the pizza dough on a lightly floured surface into a 12-inch square. Cut the dough into 4 (6-inch) squares.
4) Place about 1/2 cup chicken mixture on half of each square. Fold the dough over the filling and press the edges together to seal.
5) Place the folded dough squares on a baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes or until they’re golden brown.
6) Cool on the baking sheet for 1 minute and serve with the remaining picante sauce for dipping.